Known for providing some of the best online casino games in the market, Microgaming has come up with the Vegas Strip Blackjack. A popular version of the original blackjack game, it is named so as it is a popular game in the famous luxury casino strip in Las Vegas, the haven for casino games!
About the Vegas Strip Blackjack game
Many online casinos like Vegas Paradise provide players with access to Vegas Strip Blackjack. And since most casinos and casino games these days are mobile compatible too, enthusiasts can enjoy this variation of blackjack on their mobile devices too.
Understanding the basic idea behind the game
This game is played with 4 decks, which are continuously shuffled at the end of each hand. Players get dealt two cards face up, while the dealer gets two cards, one face up and the other face down. The main aim of the game is to get a total greater than that of the dealer but not go above 21, which makes the player go “bust”.
Players can hit the “Natural Blackjack” win in case they get an Ace with a 10 card; this only works for the initial round. Natural Blackjack is the best way to win the hand as players are paid 3:2 in Microgaming’s Vegas Strip Blackjack version online, which is 1.5 times the stake.
Playing your hand
The way the game is played is players have to decide on their move depending on their hand and that of the dealer’s open-faced card. Depending on this, players can opt for one of the below 5 moves:
- Hit – involves taking another card from the dealer
- Stand – involves taking no more cards from the dealer
- Split – in case both the cards are of the same value; the player can split them into two hands by placing in an extra bet. The dealer then provides the player with an additional card for each hand
- Double down – involves doubling the bet and taking an additional card and committing to just stand after that.
- Take insurance – If the dealer’s up card is Ace players can make a side bet that the dealer has blackjack. This is called insurance and pays 2:1 for the players
Thus, people who have a grasp of blackjack will have no problem understanding the basic rules of Vegas Strip Blackjack too. And just like any blackjack game, having a good grasp on the basic strategy can help maximize the chances of winning.